Sunday, April 20, 2008

Poor ghosts!

  *sigh* Nobody said doing the right thing was always fun.
  Undead scourge spider-thingies? I'm happy to kill them. Gargoyles and black wraiths? Most certainly.
  ...Lost, confused ghosts of high elves who don't even seem to realise that they're dead? I'm not so enthusiastic about that, really. Yes, it needed to be done, and yes, I can hope that death has released them to whatever afterlife high elves hope for, but what I really wanted to do was to find some way to wake them up... some way to give them back their free will so that they could join us, join the Forsaken, and fight back against the ones who killed them instead of mindlessly doing their bidding.
  I'm not happy tonight. Even the cute little spiders can't make me smile.

6 comments:

Khol Drake said...

I really shouldn't even be talking to you, but I'm an equal opportunity destroyer, so...

While I can appreciate your disappointment at not being able to further your own twisted goals, I've found that once you accept the fact that all of your leaders and heroes (ours, too) are completely insane genocidal maniacs it becomes much easier to deal with the ridiculous tasks to slaughter scores of innocent whatevers they want you to kill that week. It also helps to not care that you're helping to further the agendas of genocidal maniacs while you're furthering your own plans.

Melindrava said...

Our Dark Lady is not a completely insane genocidal maniac! She's very definitely genocidal, but given that humanity en masse have some strong genocidal tendencies towards us, I can sympathise with her point of view. I may be a little less inclined to slaughter than She is - at the very least, if particular humans are willing to leave us alone then I'm willing to un-live and let live - but since the Apothecary's Society doesn't seem likely to come up with an effective New Plague any time soon, at least I don't have to object.

And what's so twisted about wanting to clear the Scourge out of the Ghostlands? Hmph!

Khol Drake said...

Oh, is that what you're doing? It's hard to tell sometimes...I mean, you DO look an awful lot alike...

I'm not judging, just saying...

Melindrava said...

Well, it's what I'm doing now. What other undead are doing elsewhere and what I may be doing at some future time are completely different matters. ^_^

Rabbit Stew said...

un-live and let live

that should be on a t-shirt

@ khol drake: yeah, what she said! /grin

Khol Drake said...

I'm all for live and let un-live...I just go where they tell me, kill what they tell me and collect my pay. It's easier than a real job...